About The Institute of Social Policy
The Institute of Social Policy (IPS) of the Warsaw University is one of Poland’s oldest academic centres offering to students education in the field of social policy and research on social policy, understood as science and a kind of state policy.
Studies majoring in social policy aim at providing students with comprehensive education and qualifications for employment in the capacity of a social policy expert, e.g. in central government and local government administration, in non-profit sector, institutions of social economy, in research institutions, analytical centres, tertiary level schools and the mass media. Currently there are approximately 1000 students attending classes at 7 different lines of studies. The Institute has numerous staff. Our lecturers guarantee high quality of teaching; the most talented students have the opportunity to undertake studies at partner universities in many European Union countries.
IPS staff carry out research in many fields, such as: theory of social policy and development, social issues and critical life situations, decision-making processes in social policy, social assistance and social work, labour market and unemployment, local social policy, international comparative social policy, European social policy, migration and migration policy, social economy. I would like to invite you warmly to become acquainted with the didactic offer, as well as research and scientific achievements of the Institute of Social Policy.
The Institute of Social Policy of the University of Warsaw
Nowy Świat 67 Street, room 110 (the secretariat), 00-927 Warsaw
tel./fax: +48 022 8266652, tel.: +48 022 5520286
- Department of Social Security – head: Professor Doctor Habilitatus, Gertruda Uścińska
- Department of the Theory and Methodology of Social Policy – head: a professor of the Warsaw University, Doctor Habilitatus, Barbara Szatur-Jaworska
- Department of Social Policy in Local Environment – head: Doctor Habilitatus, Barbara Rysz-Kowalczyk
- Department of Migration and Ethnic Relations – head: a professor of the Warsaw University, Doctor Habilitatus, Grażyna Firlit-Fesnak
- Department of Civic Society Development – head: a professor of the Warsaw University, Doctor Habilitatus, Ewa Leś
- Department of Social Labour System – head: Professor Doctor Habilitatus, Małgorzata Szylko-Skoczny